When: Monday February 12th, 1pm to 4.30pm
Where: in Eastbourne Town Hall
The latest Local Transport Plan for East Sussex (LTP4: 2024-2050) is currently out for consultation, with a closing date of 25 February 2024. The local plan is important as it drives policies and spending priorities.
Come and join us in this open meeting to discuss LTP4 and help shape a response from our network, or plan your own response.
The meeting will take the form of parallel workshops and short presentations. We have invited transport experts, providers and activists, as well as councillors and community stakeholders from East Sussex to participate. The recent Sustainable Transport & Active Travel summit demonstrated how much expertise we have in our community. We also saw the willingness to share that expertise and collaborate in order to make progress. Let’s not waste this opportunity!
To let us know you are coming, complete the registration form here. Note that you don’t need to be an expert to join in – your views are important.
- Welcome and introductions: Councillor Jim Murray
- What is a local transport plan and what can it achieve?: Chris Todd, Transport Action Network
- Review of LTP4, What do we like, what’s missing? Open discussion with Paul Humphreys and Derrick Coffee
- Breakout into parallel workshops looking at LTP4 objectives and exploring the following:
How can we achieve these objectives? What would success look like in our local area? How can we measure progress? What are our targets?
- Refreshment break
- Feedback from workshops
- Open discussion of proposals and practical exercise to rank proposals and update on the One Planet platform
- Summary and concluding remarks
You should find the following information helpful to look at before you come:
- Summary of LTP4 objectives and outcomes – 2 min read
- Consultation survey questions – 2 min read
- Guidance notes on LTP4 from Paul Humphreys – 5 min read
- Response to LTP4 from Lewes Climate hub
- See Norman Baker’s summit presentation with thoughts on LTP4 – video and transcript available
- LTP4 executive summary from ESCC –
- LTP4 draft implementation plan from ESCC
- See also other transport presentations on the Transport summit web page